Prep Time:25 min
Cook Time:40 min
- 150 g paneer (cottage cheese)
- 3 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cups cashews
- 2 tbsp melon seeds (magaz)
- 1 tsp poppy seeds (khuskhus/posto)
- 1 tsp ginger
- 2 green cardamoms
- 1 rsp red chilli powder
- Salt (to taste)
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/4 cup yogurt
- 1/4 tsp green cardamom powder
- 2 tsp refined flour
- 2 tbsp fresh cream
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
1. Heat a pressure cooker. Roughly chop tomatoes and put into the cooker along with cashews, melon seeds, poppy seeds, ginger, green cardamoms, red chilli powder, salt and 1 tbsp oil and mix well.
2. Add yogurt and mix well. Add 1 cup water and close the cooker with the lid. Cook under pressure till 4 whistles.
3. Grate paneer into a bowl. Add green cardamom powder, salt, flour and mix well. Take small portions and shape into koftas. Deep-fry these koftas till golden.
4. Drain and place on tissue paper. Once the pressure reduces, open the lid of the cooker and blend the mixture with a hand blender.
5. Strain the mixture and pour into another non-stick pan and heat. Add a little cream and garam masala powder and mix.
6. Arrange the koftas in a serving bowl, pour the gravy over, drizzle a little cream and serve immediately.